Ph.D. Mechanical Engineering, The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio, March 1994
Dissertation Title: Fluid-Film Lubrication with an Application to Piston Rings
M.Sc. Mechanical Engineering, The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio, Sept. 1988
Thesis Title: Film Shape Measurements in Elastohydrodynamically Lubricated Conjunctions
B.Sc. Mechanical Engineering, The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio, June1985
1. Machine Element Design I
2. Machine Element Design II
3. Dynamics of Machinery
4. Fundamentals of Vehicle Dynamics
5. Automotive Chassis and Suspension Design
6. Strength of Material I
7. Strength of Material II
8. Strength of Material Laboratory
9. Design of Internal Combustion Engines
10. Mechanisms Synthetic and Design
11. Engineering Design Methods
12. Bearings and Lubrication
13. Measurement and Control Systems
14. Metrology and Its Laboratory
15. Textile Machines Design
16. Instrumentation and Measurement Methods for Textile Engineering
17. Theory of Elasticity
18. Advanced Lubrication and Tribology
19. Advanced Measurement Systems
M.Sc. Thesis Supervised
1- Modeling and Simulation of Flybrid Hybrid Vehicle, 2011
2- Modeling and Simulation of Hydraulic Hybrid Bus, 2010
3- Investigation of Foil Journal Bearing Performance by GDQ Method, 2010
4- Investigation of Modeling of Disc Brake Squeal and its Influencing Parameters, 2010
5- Investigation of Work Roll Thermal Crown in Rolling Process and its Effect on Strip Shape, 2010
6- Modeling and Simulation of Standard Crash Tests for 2624 Truck, 2009
7- Design and Development of Magneto-Rheological (MR) Fluid Dampers and its Applications in Car Industry, 2009
8- Analysis of Thermal Stresses in Solid Oxide Fuel Cells using FEM, 2008
9- Rollover Standard Simulation on O457 Bus, 2008
10- Simulation and Analysis of NVH in Vehicle, 2008
11- Analysis of Thermal Stresses in High Speed Rollers, 2007
12- Cold Rolling of Foil Metals Under the Mixed Lubrication Regime, 2007
13- Development of a Model for Foil Cold Rolling with Implementation of Lubrication Effects, 2006
14- Design of an AMT Gearbox for Samand with Fuzzy Control Methods,2006
15- Design of a Hydrostatic Drive System for Community Service Vehicles, 2005
16- Elasto-Viscoplastic FE Analysis of Slab Width Reduction by Sizing Press Mill, 2005
17- Fatigue Failure Analysis of Rail-Way Bogies, 2004
18- Design Optimization of Rail-Way Bogies, 2004
19- Parametric Analysis of Forging Process, 2004
20- Analysis and Design Implementation on the Chassis of Mahsan Hybrid Eclectic Minibus, 2003
21- Development of On-Line Model for Finishing Control in Hot Strip Mill, 2003
22- Analysis of Digitizers Used for Reverse Engineering Methods Design of an Armed-Type Digitizer, 2002
23- Fault Detection of Rotary Machines Using Intelligent Algorithms, 2000
24- Sensor Arrangement and Feedback System Design for ROVs, 1999
25- Design of an Automatic Machine for Production of Protective Steel Covers, 1999
26- Optimization of Dynamic Response of a Cantilever Beam Using Genetic Algorithm, 1998
Associate Professor, Department of Mechanical Engineering, Isfahan University of Technology, Jan 1994- Now
Supervisor of Automotive Group, Department of Mechanical Engineering, Isfahan University of Technology, 2000- 2010.
Deputy of Educational Affairs, Department of Mechanical Engineering, Isfahan University of Technology, Oct.2003- July 2008
Industrial Coordinate Lesion, Department of Mechanical Engineering, Isfahan University of Technology, Sept. 1996- June 2000
Development of Metrology Laboratory, Department of Mechanical Engineering, Isfahan University of Technology, Sept. 1991- June 1994
Lecturer, Department of Mechanical Engineering, The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio, Sept. 1991- June 1994
1. Esfahanian, M. Strength of Material Laboratory Manual, The Ohio State University, 1990.
2. Ishii, K. and Esfahanian, M. Machine Element Design, The Ohio State University, 1993.
3. Esfahanian, M. Measurement Systems, Isfahan University of Technology, 1997.
4. Esfahanian, M. Theory of Elastisity, Isfahan University of Technology, 1999.
5. Esfahanian, M. Metrology, Isfahan University of Technology, 2001.
1. Most Improved Team Award, SAE Mini Baja Competition, S. Africa, Sep 2004.
2. Second Place, Electrical Mini Vehicle Competition, Tehran, Iran, May 2006.
3. Third Place in Class 3 Design Competition, SAE Formula Student, UK June 2007.
4. First Place (Best Technology) in the 4th National Technological Forum, Tehran, Iran, June 2008.
5. International Award, SAE Mini Baja Competition, S. Koria, July 2010.
6. Best New Comer Award, SAE Formula Student, Germany, August 2010.
1. Iranian Society of Automotive Engineers, 2007.
2. Iranian Society of Traffic Experts, 2001.
3. Hybrid Vehicle Center, 2011